Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 28, 2010

Chase = Fire Inside




Today was our last day at the youth camp. Today was a huge struggle for me. From the moment I woke up my body ached. From the top of my legs all the way down I had shooting pains. As the day went on it became more than just my legs, but it was my arms, my back, and my head. We gave our last two purity talks today. After the first one my entire body was just exhausted, and it got to the point where I didn't think I was going to be able to do the second talk. The talks themselves are spiritually and emotionally exhausting, and then that multiplied with physical pain just made it worse. Then John (one of our many awesome Cambodian translators) and I had a talk. I told him about my job opportunity in Abernathy, and he told me "God is going to do great things in your life! He has a plan for you!" He then went on to explain how he didn't want to leave his old job because he loved it so much. But God brought him here to be a translator. Then a year later, the other missionary he was with at his old job went home. So if John would have stayed with him, he would be out of a job right now. "I know that God has a plan for me. And it was shown to me right there." Thank you John! We continued to talk about how God's plans and timing are different from ours. My body still hurt. So I went back inside to give my second talk. As Kevin started talking, I just began praying.

"Father I pray that these words Kevin and I speak are not our words, but Yours! I pray that You would give us the clarity and understanding to talk and answer these kids questions. Father my body is physically hurting right now. Help me Father. Remove this pain. Give me the strength to speak Your Truth to these kids. I can't do this by my own strength, I am weak, HELP ME! I began to talk and all pain left me. I focused on these kids, and thanked them. I told them I thought I was going to come here and teach them about God, but they were the ones who taught me! Their fire and passion for God was something that I rarely see. He definitely gave me the strength to finish the second talk. As the day continued I felt better. We went to the market, and then we went swimming for about two hours. The conversations, and the two teams being together was so awesome. Everyone from our team and the South Louisiana team just feel like family to me. Also a missionary from the United States with the GBGM has been with us here at this camp. Listening to him talk and speak is so refreshing. God is definitely moving in his life. He has been in Cambodia for 8 months, has 8 more months here, and then is stationed back in the U.S. for 16 months. After swimming I went and got a shower and changed. Right when I got done the pain hit again. We went to dinner and I wasn't even hungry. I didn't eat. I couldn't eat. All I could think about was getting up and leaving the table and going to lay down. I didn't though. I am stubborn and refuse to let the pain of my body stop me from interacting with these kids at worship.

As worship started, I began to read the Bible. God's Word is definitely the bread of life. I began to look up passages on strength. Every verse constantly reminded me that we can do nothing through our own strength. Through God we are constantly strengthened, and it definitely isn't on our own accord. "The weakness of God is stronger than man's strength" -- 1 Corinthians 1:25 This is one verse that I read, and this is when it really hit me. God is bigger than this physical pain. Throughout the rest of the service the pain left me! Even now I do not feel it! Worship was phenomenal! After we were done taking communion, the kids stood up and told where they had seen God this week in the camp. Over and over again God constantly showed up in these kids life. If we had time, I believe all of them would have shared. Then Rebecca and I went up front and told where we had seen God. Rebecca told them how much she had seen God in them, and how much they had taught her about God. She praised them for the fire they had, and how she could take that back home to the U.S. It then came my turn. I told them my name was Chase, and when it was translated the kids started clapping, and laughing. Not a condescending laugh, but a laughter of praise. I just reiterated what Rebecca said, and God had shattered my expectations. That I thought I was going to teach them about God and they taught me! (Cheering and clapping) I told them that I had been to many youth camps in the U.S., and I rarely see the fire and passion they have for God! Then I thanked them again for constantly humbling me. As we went back to sit down I asked John why they laughed at my name. Now John has nicknamed everyone by wrestler names. Josh Riggs is the Undertaker, Josh Yates is the Big Show, I am Triple H, and John is Ray Mysterio. So I asked John:

Why did they laugh? You referred to me as Triple H didn't you? You did!
"No, no I promise I didn't!"
Why did they laugh?
"They laughed at your name. Chase means a fire. A fire inside that is constantly roaring!"
Wow, how encouraging!

I am definitely going to miss these kids. I am going to miss their fire and passion, and it is going to be sad to see them go. I do know that God has a lot more in store for me and my entire team though! I can't wait to see what that is. I do know that David and I are growing closer and closer every day. God is revealing a lot to me about David. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him these next 3 weeks to come. For now though, I am exhausted, and I need rest. Thank You Father! Every day is a blessing from You!

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment