Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Goodbyes




Goodbyes can be hard. I am not sure if the realization that I am hardly going to have any contact with family or friends has actually hit yet. I know that I miss my family and friends. I feel it, but I am by no means distraught at all. "If God didn't want us to go to Cambodia, then we would not be going. There have been plenty of obstacles in our way, yet God has continuously provided. I know that He will continue to provide." These word words spoken to my parents by Kevin our team leader. There is so much wisdom in Kevin, and I can't wait to share this next month with him.

I got to spend a lot of good quality time with my brother today. He has been a huge influence in my life, and I don't know if I say it enough, but Austin I love you. Thank you for always being there for me, especially when I needed you the most. I thank God every day for my family. Family, and the importance / closeness of family has constantly been stressed in my life. God has blessed me with the most loving, caring, generous family I could ever ask for. It is going to be hard not seeing or hearing from them every day. What I do know is God will take care of me. Yes I will miss my family but God is bigger than that, and He will comfort me in that. It is finally happening! I fly out tomorrow! I am going to end with the quote at the bottom of my journal because it is so encouraging, especially since I am about to go do mission work.

"Everything that Jesus came to do for us He can now do in us, because He lives!"

And lives He does! Father, I have been patiently waiting for 4 years. You called me and I have persevered. I have struggled, stumbled, gotten up, ran away, and come back, but You have never left my side! I praise You for that! I praise You for this call, for the opportunity to go on this mission, and the doors that You have open and shut to allow us all to go and do Your work. Be with us as we travel tomorrow and keep us safe. Than You for blessing each and every one of us. Give us perseverance and help us to ENDURE! I love You Father.

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment