Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Start:




It is amazing what God can do with 30 minutes.

May 21st, 2010: Journal Entry:

I am leaving the country in 36 hours! This is going to be my daily quiet time with God. Today I have been really attacked by the enemy. Satan has taken the smallest, petty, worldly things and made them seem HUGE in my life. Things like arguments over nothing, being short money in my bank account, anger, and feeling left out by those closest to me.....just to name a few. The TRUTH that I constantly have to remind myself of, and that God has continuously been showing me these past few days comes from James 1:1-2, 12:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." -- The Word

I have had thoughts of inadequacy today, even thoughts of backing out of this mission trip. They have ALL been lies. "So how did you meet God today?" This question was posed to me by my great friend Melanie McClintic. God has really used our friendship these past few days to speak Truth and words of encouragement into each others lives! I love how He moves! This daily quiet time is going to be essential for this trip. The quote at the bottom of my journal sums it up perfectly:

"The most beautiful time of the day is the quiet time we spend resting in Jesus' love."

"When I am home, if I am having a bad day or am upset, I can just run to Sonic for Happy Hour with friends, call my family, or just go home and curl up and watch a movie. When you are in another country you don't have these luxuries. You are going to have to have Your daily quiet time with God!".......I LOVE you Haley Hurst, thank you!

As I finish this I am going to be still and quiet and listen for You now. Lord help me to let go, and let God. You are going to work miracles, and do great things in me and my team. Give me the strength to persevere! I love You Lord!

-- Discerning the Call
Chase Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment