Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Excitement




"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." -- Psalm 34:18

Today was honestly a really good day. I think the highlight of my day was singing all of the "Silly Songs With Larry" from Veggie Tales with Krystle Mathews, while we washed dishes after Laid Back Lunch. Krystle is an intern at the Wesley, and one of my team leaders, along with Kevin Singletary, for Cambodia! I literally have a week left of work at the bank. I will be leaving again for the third time, and I am 100 % positive I am not coming back this time. I praise God for giving me the opportunity. Although I was frustrated many times with people or the job itself, I know God's provision was definitely in that!

I leave to go to Cambodia in 2 weeks and 3 days! WHAT!?!?! Wait, seriously. Wow when did it get this close? I honestly can't contain my excitement. Team Cambodia still has close to 16,000 total to raise though! Do I believe God will provide? Is that even a question? My God is bigger than that. I can't believe it has been 5 months since I signed up for a mission trip. 5 months since I thought I was going to China. Hey God can I go to China? "Nope. Not right now. I have another plan for you, MY plan, CAMBODIA!" He practically yelled it at me. Since then I haven't looked back. Wow it has been a journey, and I want to say a long one, but the trip hasn't even begun.

This year though, has definitely been a journey. Tonight in our Wesley small group, we had the opportunity to write, draw, scribble, ect... to show where God has brought us from the beginning of the year. Honestly I wish I could explain it all, but God has radically changed my life, and is continuing to! While this school year has taught me many things, I can't wait to see all of the things He has in store for me this summer and next school year as well.

"But for now. Sleep. And let the fabrics of the world be at your fingertips in your dreams." -- Matt Martinez

1 comment:

  1. YES! that's my quote! nice post dude. i'm about to go write my first one!!!! holler.

    ReplyDelete