Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Encouragement




"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction."-- 2 Timothy 4:2

I am still overwhelmed from today. There is so much to tell. I am going to start with our talks. Kevin and I gave our purity talks again today. Oh how God continues to break down that language barrier. In the first group we spoke to, the kids were very receptive and asked so many questions! Way more questions than had been asked so far. It was really good to see God use Kevin and myself to speak to these kids. Although we don't know all the answers, it was definitely Gods words being spoke through us. Then the second group of about fifteen youth boys, which was probably the smallest group we have had so far, didn't really ask questions. One kid did speak up though, and what he said was so encouraging! As I mentioned yesterday we don't know how big of a deal lust, sex, and purity is in their culture. According to this boy this is something all of them struggle with. "I don't have any questions, but I do want to thank you. I want to thank you for speaking to us on this subject. Us as teenagers and in our culture this is something we constantly struggle with and are tempted with. Thank you so much for sharing, and helping us to understand how to combat that." ENCOURAGED! After our talks I went and sat in on the last thirty minutes of Krystle Matthews (our other wonderful team leader) and Laura Sandifers talk. As I was listening I heard:

"Encourage, look it up."
Okay God. 2 Timothy 4:2
"Read it."
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction.
Okay God, so encourage my brothers and sisters. Encourage my team members. I know that.
"You think you know, but I am going to show you."

I went and encouraged Krystle and Laura after their talk, and told them how good of a job they did. God was definitely pouring Truth into them, and they were speaking it. Then lunch, and after lunch I was like okay I am going to spend quiet time before afternoon worship. Nope, wrong again. I met Jack outside the worship center and we talked for about 30 minutes. I told him that I wanted to do youth ministry and mission work and how this was my first mission opportunity. Constant encouragement and reassurement. I don't know what it is about Jack, but he has a way of speaking and communicating that is just so captivating. "I told you I was going to show you."

Some things went on today with our team. Their was frustration among the whole team with David. He wasn't really showing up to things, and therefore wasn't following the covenant that we all signed. Our two leaders Kevin and Krystle have so much love for him. The way they love him is exactly like the unconditional love that God shows us. They have so much patience with them. I began to get frustrated because they talked with him today for about 4 hours and none on our team knew at all what was going on. I was so frustrated.

God, we are a team. We should all be sharing with each other. We should all know!
"Do not be angry. Be patient. Things happen in my time."
Okay, but I am going to spend quiet time by myself then. Wrong again.
"Go knock on Laura, Rebecca, and Hailey's door."

"We are about to read Scripture and then pray for David and our team. Would you like to join us." YES! So we read the Word as we were lead. 2 Timothy 4:2 came up again. "I am going to show you!" We then all prayed aloud one after the other. Then we proceeded to go to Josh Riggs and Josh Yates room. All six of us hung out as a family and joked for an hour. Since this trip has started we haven't had any time to meet as a team at all. We haven't been able to spend time with each other and encourage each other. Or just laugh and enjoy each others company. Today we got to do that. Then it was time to meet all 10 of us as a team. One hour from 5-6. We were then told everything that was going on. Our frustrations were spoken and wounds were healed. This one member opened and shared, and God is defintely changing him. There is a lot going on in his life, but God is moving in him! Finally I read 2 Timothy 4:2 aloud to the whole team. "Chase, I love how you always have the perfect verse at the perfect time." -- David. "You think you know, but I am going to show you!"

We all had the opportunity to talk and encourage each other. And then because we were late to dinner we all got to sit as a team and laugh and be a family! At the table we joked, laughed, encouraged, and just enjoyed each others company! God is so big. My expecatations are constantly being broken down! God is so powerful, and He continues to show up in ways that we think can't happen. Okay God, if You do this that would be awesome. Boom, done! Okay, now if you could do that, it would be great as well. Boom done! No prayer is too big, no prayer is too small. I love you Father!

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment