Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 10, 2010

Poem: 2 Corinthians 12:9




"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -- 2 Corinthians 12:9

I can't really express what I feel in anything but a poem. I feel like anything else would be rambling.

Now that these days are flying by
There are a lot of things I have begun to realize.
I am selfish
In every sense of the word
I feel like a bird, whose wings are clipped
I want to fly, but I am CALLED to be stripped
I want so many things, that I think are good
But the thing is, Is it what I should
Do?
Because what I should do
Is TRUST in YOU
Trust that Your plans are bigger than mine
Bigger than me or these rhymes
So, take control
And I will unwillingly relinquish it to YOU
And do what YOU have called me to
What You have now called me to
Is a mission that will glorify YOU
It's been 4 years I have patiently waited
And through many fears and failures
I have waded
But now I am beginning to understand
Your plan is not my plan
That You uphold me with Your Righteous Right Hand.
And I will never understand
The love that You pour out unconditionally
All I know is that it sets me free
Free from the bondage of eternity
In damnation
So thank Father for loving me
When all I could see
Was me.

-- Your Son

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh! nice! dude that's legit, but for a second, let me spin it...

    alas, my brother, so patient you've been
    and thus, a mission you have been given.
    a mission to go out in the world and show the blind,
    that there is a Father who wants to blow their mind.
    A Father who died for our sin so that we would shine new,
    a Father whose blood covers me and you.
    now pardon my grammar, it should be you and i,
    but my concern is in Him most high.
    take the gifts Our Father, to you, has blessed
    and satisfy hungry and give the tired rest.
    wonderful works are in store for you this time around,
    but when trouble hits and the enemy drags you to the ground,
    turn the devils world upside down and remind him
    that our God is bigger and we wear His crown.

    love you dude. do work

    ReplyDelete