Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 11, 2010

Always Being Taught




I thought of home a lot today. I don't really know why, I guess its because we only have eight days left and reality is setting in that we are eventually going to have to leave. It isn't at all selfish in the fact that I am ready to leave this country. I love it here, and this trip was definitely a blessing from God. I still have eight more days though, so in no way do I plan on consuming my thoughts with home. I do miss my family the most though. I can't wait to see them, and share with them all the things God has done, and will continue to do.

Today started out just as every day this week has. Prayer at 7:30, then a wonderful breakfast (always!), then off to the Transform Asia School. Today was our last day there. It was really sad to say goodbye to these kids today, and knowing that we are probably never going to see them again. I will never see fully what God did through us at this school, but I know He moved through all of us. He definitely moved through the LOGOS kids. They were always there to bring a smile to a kids face, or comfort them if they were sad or crying. The realization of how much impact you can make on a kids life just by being present, is something God has definitely taught me while working here. These dump site kids definitely had joy on their face every day when we walked in the door. Being the Sociologist that I am though, makes me wonder what they are going to think when we don't show up Monday.

After we got done working, Kevin, Josh Riggs, and myself went to play basketball with the LOGOS guys, and some of the teachers from LOGOS as well. The first two games I played, I was a little rusty. Today definitely went better than yesterday though. I was being competitive while just having fun playing, and by the third game I was making shots and playing well. Well, that was until I sprained my ankle. Don't worry mom. If you read this, it is only swollen a little and I am icing/taking care of it.

Tonight went really well. Once again God is teaching me so many things. Being patient last night opened up the opportunity for us to go hang out at Dan's house tonight. We ate dinner at the Sanctuary, and then headed over to Dan's house. There we had ice cream, played Dutch Blitz, and played some Mafia as well. Relational ministry! I am constantly taught patience through everything, and am constantly humbled every day! As for the next eight days, I am excited to see what God has in store for us here and in the provinces. We leave for the provinces on the 14th and come back the 16th. For now though I have a fun filled soccer day tomorrow! Watching the LOGOS indoor game at 9 am, watching the World Cup Korea vs Greece game around 6 pm, and then going to Big Mikes to watch the United States vs England game! Now its time for some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment