Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 18, 2010

Making the Most




I have a little less than 48 hours left in Cambodia. Although we have such little time left here, it still seems like people are still arguing, disrespecting each other, and just being selfish. Conflict is going to happen, but I am just sick and frustrated with it all!

"My advice is to make the most out of your time left! Put all your energy, even if it is running low, into the people in Cambodia and that will take the focus off the group and all their problems. Let them deal with their own problems and they can be too busy wrapped up in that and miss out on the last few amazing experiences Cambodia has to offer."

Thank you Susanna. Your message was really encouraging, and that was definitely truth that I needed to hear. While yesterday I was focused on people's frustrations with each other and people being selfish I decided to forget it all today. Instead I watched as kids, who literally have almost nothing, smile, laugh, play, and have fun. I watched them forget any worries or troubles and play basketball, soccer, and just run around carefree. I am definitely beginning to respect those who do childrens ministry. Little kids can wear you out! I definitely respect those who have the heart and the calling to do that. It has also further shown me that my calling and passion is youth ministry. While I love little kids and playing and talking with them, it is something I know I couldn't as my job. I struggled trying to tell the kids the story of Noah's Ark today. I laughed at myself as well because most people could just do it, and make it a fun thing for the kids. All I could do was just read it from the Bible. It was very humbling to know that there are things that I am not gifted in and others are, and vice versa.

After we finished with "The Carnival" for the little kids we ate and I went to the LOGOS guys house to hang out. We watched a movie, I got schooled in ping pong by David (who is a lot better than he leads on), and I played some old school Halo 2 with them. It was good just to relax, laugh, joke, and just hang out with the guys. I am really going to miss hanging out with them when I leave. I know that God is definitely in those relationships that were formed. Just getting to know every one of these guys and girls has been amazing. God has taught me so much through them, and to see them constantly happy no matter what is so very humbling. Literally I can't tell you one day where I have seen them mad, or upset, or frustrated. They always have a smile on there face, and are always speaking positively. That is something HUGE to see. I know that there are a lot of little things in my life that I have constantly complained about before, and still do at times. These guys and girls though hardly ever complain, and do everything with a smile on there face. So humbling.

Tonight we went to Dan and Carolyn's house to celebrate Fanny and Tia's birthday. We had signed cards, and Mrs. Carolyn had got a cake made for the both of them. All the guys and girls were there. We all played Dutch Blitz, ping pong, talked, and laughed. It is amazing to see how Dan and Carolyn have become like a mother and father to these kids. There passion is definitely for these Asian Hope boys and girls. After we left there, we went back to Big Mikes to watch USA play Slovenia. Tie 2-2. USA definitely should have won though. It was good to just enjoy my last few days here and have fun watching soccer and hanging out with a few of the guys.

Tomorrow we get to go root on the guys in another indoor soccer game for their tournament. I am going to miss all of the guys and girls, and even though I have 48 hours left here, God is still moving through these relationships with these kids. I praise God for constantly reminding me of my call to youth ministry, and constantly teaching me through youth and others.

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment