Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The End and A New Beginning




I can't even begin to describe the joy that came with today. I am going to miss this place. This will probably be my last post before I head out, because I fly out Sunday at eleven p.m. (24 hours from now).

Since I have been here, this place has become home. The first day I was here, we were greeted by a golden retriever named Hannah. Immediately I knew that I was going to feel at home here. This hospitality house has been a huge blessing. Being blessed with three meals a day, a bed to sleep in, air-con, (what everyone calls air conditioning here) and just a family of brothers and sisters, has been amazing. I am really going to miss this family that God has given me here. These relationships that have been formed, will be sorely missed. As I have constantly been reminded though; God takes people in and out of your life for a reason. If it is God's will, I will be here again, and if not I know I will see my brothers and sisters in heaven.

Today started with going to watch the guys indoor soccer game. They were down 7-1 and almost came back. They lost 7-6. Even to see the happiness on their faces after loosing was humbling. Yes, they lost a close game, but they didn't let it ruin their day. I am such a competitive person that a lot of times when I loose it can affect my mood. It was great to see them know that it is just a game, and go and enjoy the rest of their day. After the game we went to get ice cream at Lucky Burger, and then went to hang out at the guys house. I played a little Halo 2 and then took a nap. I swear, I have taken more naps here than I have in the past two years of my life! It was good to rest and relax. We then went and took a boat ride from five-thirty to seven-thirty. It was all of the Asian Hope guys and girls, with Dan and his family, and then our team. It started raining, but that didn't stop us. We all hung out, ate ham and cheese or pb&j sandwiches, and just enjoyed each others company.

I got some time to just sit back and observe everyone. Seeing constant joy, laughter, smiles amongst everyone really made me happy. At the same time I began to become sad. I know that really soon I will be leaving this family of brothers and sisters. These relationships and bonds with my brothers and sisters in Christ that have been formed here are going to be hard to leave. I guess it is a lot sadder leaving here because I knew that I would be coming back to the states and I would see everyone there again. I have no idea if I will ever see these guys or girls again. That is hard to think about. I know that God will never cease to continue moving in each and every one of their lives.

Father, I thank you for this opportunity you have given me. I thank you for constantly showing up and being here through the good and the bad of this trip. I thank you for the strength to endure! I thank you for every brother and sister in Christ you put in my life through Asian Hope, and I pray that you would constantly be with them day in and day out. I have seen you in them every day and I know you will always be with them. I praise you for the amazing things you are going to do in their lives. Give us safe travels Father as we leave and go back home to the States. Thank you again for this opportunity to serve you with the gifts and talents you have given me. Thank you for constantly humbling me and showing me Your will! I love you Father.

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment