Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rejoice




"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls."-- 1 Peter 1:6-9


Back to the school again today. We hung out with the kids again, and sang more songs with them. It was really great to actually interact with the little children from the dump site. They have definitely started becoming more familiar with our faces. Today after we sang songs the kids started jumping on us, playing with us, I picked kids up and started spinning them around. Just seeing the joy on their faces when we all wrestled with them, picked them up, and played with them was so awesome. It brought me so much joy. Right before the kids sat down to eat lunch they continued playing, but I started to feel weak. I sat down, and immediately I started being attacked by negative thoughts.

"You are exhausted. So what, these kids are having fun now, but in a week what difference will that make? You are just doing the same routine. God isn't using you, God isn't moving."

These thoughts were permeating through me, and I wanted to yell out! I wanted to run away. I wanted time to myself, I wanted rest. As the kids sat down to eat, I laid down on the floor and rested. I feel asleep, and woke up about thirty minutes later to eat lunch. Then got to lay down for about thirty more minutes. Those next thirty minutes were filled with talking with Tia about music. We also planned out a soccer match tomorrow, and Saturday night all the boys from LOGOS and I are going to watch the first game of the World Cup. Rested, filled with food, and realizing that God is moving so much by me hanging out with these kids from LOGOS, it was physical labor time. Josh Riggs, Alex (who is Dan's son) and I moved a huge stack of dirt, bricks, stone, and trash away from the wall so they could paint it. Then we took the bricks and stone and filled a small ditch with it so they could put concrete on top of it and finish the side-walk. Then we helped pour concrete (that was mixed in the middle of the street) and some workers smoothed it out. I also painted a little bit as well.

The rest of the day went well! We left, got showered up, and then went to eat at Big Mikes Burgers. We went to eat with all of the kids from LOGOS. It was so awesome! We watched soccer, ate food, enjoyed each others company. I ate what was called a 4x4 burger. It was two pieces of meat, two pieces of cheese, two eggs, four pieces of bacon, and french fries. I ate it all as well as Alex, and Charles. Fanny couldn't eat all of hers though, but she ate 3/4 of it. I am just so encouraged by hanging out with these youth kids, and God is further reminding me that my call and passion is youth! I can't wait to play soccer tomorrow, go watch all of the LOGOS kids play a match Saturday, and watch the world cup Saturday night. I am so blessed!

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment