Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Loved, Blessed, Encouraged




Wow. Where to begin talking about today? Today was just a steady stream of encouraging conversations. Although physically I haven't been feeling up to par, (just a headache and my ankle being hurt) that hasn't affected my day at all. We woke up this morning and went to watch Tia, Krumm, Hock-Lee, David, Jonathon, Veassna, and Pov play their indoor soccer game. It was so fun to watch the constant, fluid motion of the way that they played. They were all very skilled, and it was so cool just to cheer them on and watch them play. They won 5-4!

We went back to the Sanctuary, ate lunch, and then headed off to the Asian Hope elementary school to paint again. We finished one of the rooms, and then got the other two about 3/4 of the way done. Rebecca and I had some good brother and sister time again just to talk and laugh. It am so blessed to have her on this trip, and just overjoyed that God has blessed me by putting her in my life. We just constantly encouraged each other. We are both missing home a lot, but know that we can't focus on home just yet, and that God still has us here for seven more days! I then opened up two prayer letters today. One of them was from Will and was supposed to be opened on this day, and the other was from Cynthia. It was so encouraging to read both of them and they both spoke truth into what I have been struggling with lately.

I will start with Wills first. Will let me just tell you that the words you write have been so encouraging. Constantly encouraging! It is so awesome to see how God uses these letters as well. Every time I have read one of your letters, it has always pertained to what God is showing me, or what is going on in my life. I was really encouraged by your advice. Thank you for reminding me that God will answer my prayers for rejuvenation. I have felt really drained lately, but God has definitely given me the strength to continue to seek Him, and live it out. Thinking about home has been on my mind lately, but you are right. "Every single day is a gift. God numbers them and hands them out- live out the Spirit." Even though I am on the last leg of the trip, I have to live out and seek Truth day by day. Thank you!

Next Cynthia! I really should have read this letter two nights ago on the 10th like I had scheduled it out, but I forgot. It really spoke to the situation that happened. I really wanted to go to the LOGOS boys house, but God had different plans. In your letter you wrote: "We must be ready to allow ourselves to be interrupted by God. God will constantly crossing our paths and canceling our plans. Not our way, but God's way must be done!" I make a lot of plans for myself in my life, but often times that is changed. Just as I wanted to go to China at first, but God called me to Cambodia. Thank you for reminding me of that and humbling me in that. I love both of you so much, and am glad God has blessed me with both of you!

We then went to eat at Pizza Company tonight and I got to see John and Joseph again. It was really good to see them again, and just catch up and talk. It had been about a week and a half since we had seen them last. Joseph really encouraged me in my writing. Lately I have been feeling like the things that I write have no importance or significance at all because we have the same routine everyday. Joseph really helped me to see otherwise. "A lot of what youth ministry and mission work is living in the valley. Yes, we do have those mountaintop experiences and that is great, but a lot of times we are in the valley, and we aren't always going to see what God is doing. He is there, and He is moving!" Thank you Joseph! I really appreciate the encouragement, and am so glad that God put you in our teams life!

After that I came back to the Sanctuary, and then had a great conversation with Dan's wife Carolyn. I was just constantly encouraged by her, and she told me that she had really seen God moving in me and working through me. That it was good that I had been there just to be friends to these kids. She just asked me a lot about my family, and how they had dealt with me coming to Cambodia, and I just got to tell her a little about myself. She is very wise, encouraging, and definitely a mother not only to her own children, but to these LOGOS boys as well.

For now, its time to go watch USA beat England in some soccer. The game starts at 1:30 am here, and so we are probably going to be up until 3 am! Good thing church is at 11:30. Thank you all back home for the prayers and encouragement! I appreciate all you praying for me, my team, and just constantly thinking of us. I love you all!

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

1 comment:

  1. Chase Fallin! I love you brother! Keep pressing you on as He is leading you into His Glory even now. I heard from a sermon I was listening to that God's joy is His Glory. Keep Glorifying Him with all you got...you do this by just being who He created you to be! You are loved dear friend. Aaron-Ashley

    ReplyDelete