Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Constantly Learning




Frustrated, upset, impatient, these can all be words that I use to describe myself. I am very much like this all the time. It is much harder to be calm, and patient especially when things don't go your way.

This morning and afternoon was great. It was probably the most relaxing day of work we have had yet, and I think it is because they are running out of things for us to do. That is a good thing though! The guys from LOGOS didn't show up until about 11:30 because they woke up early to go get their liscenses. The brought us some phenomenal doughnuts when they got their, and then we all ate lunch. Tia and Hock-Lee came and sat down immediately beside me. Hack-Lee pulled out a World Cup bracket and we started looking at it and planning what games we were going to watch, who we were rooting for to win, and how the bracket worked in general. I really enjoy hanging out with these guys. I am very much a relational ministry person. I believe in forming relationships, and ministering through loving through those relationships. I get really frustrated when that doesn't happen, or when the opportunity presents itself and something else gets in the way.

We left the school at 3:30 today, and walked back to the Sanctuary. Dan then drove us to LOGOS to play soccer. Kevin, Fanny, Abby (Dan's daughter) Alex, Charles, Josh Riggs, Dan, and I played a game of basketball first. Then the boys showed up around 5:30. Krum, David and Jonathon (who are twins), Charles, Alex, Josh Riggs, Keivn, and I then played a game of indoor soccer on the basketball court. I loved it. I got to exercise today, and actually make myself sore. Afterwards the guys scrimmaged for their match they have on Saturday. I left to go get cleaned up, and was invited by David to come to eat and hang out at the guys house. I agreed because I thought our meeting was at seven, and I could head over there at eight.

Wrong. Enter Frustration.

We didn't sit down to eat until seven-thirty and didn't start meeting until eight. Which meant we weren't going to get out of meeting until nine or later. They lock the guys house up at nine and then they have to be in bed by eleven. Immediately I became upset. Like I stated earlier, when things get in the way of, or stop me from relational ministry I get upset. My attitude just changed. We aren't just called to work with these kids for two-three hours and then not see them again until the next day. I was personally invited to come hang out, and then I just don't show up because we have team meeting.

"Be patient"
God its a team meeting, this is ridiculous.
"You want to have relational ministry? How can you if you don't know my children?"

What do you mean? Then I thought for a second. It was Melissa's night to share her testimony. This is just as important. Building relationships with my team members is just as important as well. Krystle also reminded me before group started that we ate with the kids last night, I played soccer with them today, I am palying basketball with them tomorrow, we are going to watch their soccer match Saturday morning, we are watching the World Cup Korea vs Greece match Saturday night, and all grilling out at Dan's house Sunday. Okay God, thank you. I was really encouraged to hear Melissa's testimony. She has been through so much, and the way she depended and continues to depend on God is so encouraging. She is such a wonderful daughter of Christ!

Fanny and I had a conversation about my frustrations tonight, and she really spoke a lot of Truth into me. It was definitely something I needed to hear. "Just by hanging out with these kids, you are doing something. A lot of them have a lot of hurt in their lives and aren't going to just open up immediately. Relationships take time. They don't happen over night." She also told me she could take me to the guys anytime I wanted to go! Thank You God for putting Truth into my life when I doubt or am upset. Thank You for constantly teaching me, growing me, shaping me, and molding me to be a better servant for You. I love You Father.

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment