Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 3, 2010

In Everything, You Are There




"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." -- Isaiah 43:1

Today is kind of a struggle for me to type. As I go through my day and recall what we did, its hard for me to see the full view of how God moved. I know that God moves through us in ways that we can't even imagine or sometimes even see. Sometimes we never see the full effect of our works. That is something that is frustrating, but so beautiful as well. We never know what a smile, a encouraging word, or a bracelet can do in a child's life.

We woke up and went to the fourth floor, which is a terrace (or roof as others call it) and had our morning team prayer. We were encouraged again to let each other know our frustrations, if we had any, between our team members. This has been something God has definitely given me the strength to do while I have been here. Just like last night when I went and talked with David about how I was upset. God definitely moves in that. I don't know why we are so afraid sometimes to let people know they hurt us. We can not let the sun go down on our anger, we can't let the devil get a foothold! So I encourage all of you to do the same back home in your relationships, or wherever you are. Remember they are your brothers and sisters in Christ! God will permeate that situation. After we prayed, we had a wonderful, huge, filling breakfast. I had three brand muffins, eggs, and a piece of toast. Once again mom, your son is not going hungry. After breakfast it was off to LOGOS!

This morning we had sixth, seventh, and eight, graders! These kids did not go to LOGOS. They went to a school that spoke 50 percent English, and 50 percent Kumar. The girls got to swim first, and the boys went and played soccer or basketball. Obviously I was on the soccer field with the kids. We split up into three teams and just alternated teams every ten minutes. These kids were so good! We also had kids in high school, from LOGOS, that were helping us as well. Two of these kids that I really have started to get to know and hang out with are Tia, and David (not to be confused with David on our team). Tia was on my soccer team today, and both of us got to play soccer with the kids and just jokingly talk noise with each other. Of course Tia's team was the only one that scored so I never heard the end of it. The kids rotated, and then we had a lesson and sang songs. When the kids left, we ate lunch and then we headed over to Dan's house.

Dan's house is right down the road from the boy's home. They have two houses side by side, with eight kids in each house, and house parents for both of those houses. I got to go see one of the houses. Most of the afternoon was filled with ping pong. All of these LOGOS kids speak great English, and are required to if they want to go there. They also have to have someone in their family that speaks English. So language isn't an issue. I held my own against David, but he beat me every time in ping pong by two points. He then took me to a little store right outside the neighborhood to get a snack and a drink. Dried fruit, and some pomegranate drink that David recommended! It was phenomenal! I got to talk with him just about his life, and what he wanted to do when he got out of the school. He wants to go into the military. He is very strategic, and when he was little he used to romp around in the woods with friends with air-soft guns and play CTF (capture the flag for you noobs out there). I didn't really get to talk with him about his relationship with Christ. As Dan informed us, some of them believe, some don't, and some just don't really talk about it. As we continue to work with them I know that that will come up. I can't wait to share with them about Christ, and listen to them about what they believe. I know that I need to be patient though. As for what is to come later? We do the same thing tomorrow except with second, third, and fourth graders. After that I am not too sure, but I know we may have some chances for some street evangelism. YES! Whatever we do though, it is all for the glory of God. I also like not knowing the schedule, because I can take it one day at a time. God is definitely here, this is definitely where I am supposed to be, and I am constantly being reminded of that daily!

I got to spend some family brother sister time with Rebecca as well tonight! It was really encouraging and good because we have yet to do that since we have been here. It was good to be reminded that she is always here for me no matter what and vice versa. I really love that girl, and can't wait to see the way God continues to grow her here, and next year as she is an intern. Rebecca you may or may not read this, but I have something for you: I want you to know what a wonderful, beautiful, amazing daughter of Christ you are. I see Him in your daily actions, whether it be hanging out with kids, or washing our teams clothes because you wanted to. I am so glad that God brought us together. Keep strength in times of trouble. Remember that God is always with you, and thank you for always being there for me. I thank you for the unconditional love you have constantly poured out into my life. You are near and dear to my heart. I praise God for you, and for your relationship with Zack. I can think of no better guy for you to be with. Both of you are great children of God. Ya'lls pursuit of God in your relationship is something to be desired. I can't wait to see what He has in store for both of you!

--Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

2 comments:

  1. I was just listening to this song before i read your blog... btw i am all caught up now! but i wanted to share with you, the chorus is:

    We are your hands and feet, we are free to change the world
    Reaching out to the unseen, to those who haven't heard
    We are free to change the world.

    Even when you feel like your work isn't making an impact, it is. You are doing God's work and these kids will see God through you, so are ARE making a huge difference in these kid's lives just being there.

    Continue to have a great time in Cambodia and I will continue to enjoy reading your blog!

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete