Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pray:




Physical Labor Day today! Now isn't that what all missions are supposed to be about? Hahaha that is what I thought, and it is so funny that God has radically changed that view since I have been here. This has been a huge relational ministry mission trip, and I love it!!

We woke up this morning, and throughout the whole day it seems like tensions with the team have been running high. It has been hard because people are struggling with voicing where they have been hurt by other people. This morning at prayer our team covenant was re-read, but it seems like that really didn't help. I feel like I am the only one that comes to people when I have a problem or they hurt me. So I ask that those of you who read this would pray for our team. Pray for unity, and that God would bring us together. He is so much bigger than any petty, worldly thing that satan is using to distract us.

"Do not let the sun go down while you are angry, and do not give the devil a foothold" --Ephesians 4:26-27!

Father I pray that you would be with our team. Tensions have been high lately, and there has been a lot of bickering. I pray that you would help us to remember that no one is perfect, and that we all make mistakes. I also pray that you would help us know that we are all children of God, every single on of us is precious to you! I pray that you would not let any of us go to sleep with anger in our hearts. I pray that you would give us the strength and the courage to speak up when we are hurt, and know that you will have control of that situation! Father, You are bigger than all of this, than all of us, than anything we can imagine. Help us to remember that daily and share your love. Father I pray that we would constantly encourage each other, and view each other with the unconditional love that you pour out on us daily! I love you Father. Amen.

We got to go to the elementary Asian Hope school, paint rooms from 8:30-4:30! It was only about 3 blocks away so we just walked! It was so good to do some physical labor, but challenging as well. I was so used to the relational part that I forgot sometimes things just need to be painted. It felt so good to know that these kids would have a newly painted, nice room to have class in. I wish I could see the joy in their hearts the first day they walk into that room. Afterwards we came back, got cleaned up, rested, and then had a barbecue!

Dan and his family grilled chicken and pork, and then cooked rice. We also had duck eggs, and fried crickets! I refused to eat the duck egg (which had a dead baby duck in it), but I did eat fried crickets! They weren't bad at all! All of the LOGOS high school kids came over and ate with us. Afterwards we played Ninja, and then played some Egyptian Rat Race. Ninja is by far one of my new favorite games, and if anyone doesn't know and wants to learn, ask me when I get back to the states. Please continue to pray for our team. Prayer is so so powerful. Thank you all so much!

-_Discerning the Call
Chase Fallin

No comments:

Post a Comment