Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Acts 2:42




"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." -- Acts 2:42

This is true community! Ahhh I love seeing God move in every way. I had a really goo discussion with a great friend of mine Kevin today. I say great friend, and even though I am just now getting to know Kevin Perkins, I still consider him that! God is just good like that! We talked today about how we have seen God move in others and throughout each other this year! I just loved seeing the way God has moved in Kevin, and so many others in this Wesley Foundation. I really didn't involve myself, last year and part of this year, at the Wesley like God had called me to! Since December I have constantly been pushed, given the strength, excitement, and joy to reach out and share with this community! To reciprocate what has been given to me over the past year and a half! I must say that every day I am overjoyed at how much God moves in and through this community.

I am so blessed to have them, to be placed in this community! Many people may shrug that off to coincidence, but I say NO! How can this not be God? How can anyone other than God pull me out of the depression, the hate and scorn I had for myself, the fact that I thought I could never be loved or forgiven? Only God! A year ago, I would have never hung out with these people. Now I find myself surrounded with them, and I can not help but be overjoyed! Eating together, that is us breaking bread. Fellowship, that can be a random open mic night, or just watching a movie. Scripture and prayer are evident as well. When we are hurting, when we are full of joy we are there! Rejoicing with each other, or weeping with one another. How can I not look at where I am right now and give that to anyone, but God? I am beyond blessed in every way! Yes are community is different, but whose isn't? Why would I want a community where every single person acts the same? I want diversity, nay I long for it, and God has definitely given me that through the Louisiana Tech Wesley Foundation. I can't wait to spend thirty days with some of them! I definitely can't wait to spend the next year with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment