Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Romans 12:10




"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." -- Romans 12:10

When I first read this, I just confined it to the community that I am in. Okay I am to be devoted to my community, understandable. I am to honor them above myself. Challenging. Then I took it out of the context of community and applied it to everyone. The one word that I can think of right now is "selfless." That is one thing I am definitely going to have to be on this mission trip. Not only do I have to honor my team members above myself, but just as important, the people of Cambodia we are ministering to! I am called to be devoted to every single on of my team members. Yes, we will have disagreements, but if we are truly being selfless, then those will be worked out! I must be selfless in every single step of this trip.

Then I looked at the verse right before it: "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." -- Romans 12:9. Love MUST be sincere. Wow! These two verses should literally be the theme for our trip! What does sincere love look like? I definitely think honoring others above yourself, and being selfless is sincere Love! This isn't just a something I should do just because of my mission trip, this should be done with everyone! It is extremely hard for me to do this, and for anyone to say it is not I would challenge you to sincerely reconsider. Reading these two verses really opened my eyes and made me think. I must honor others above myself, no matter what. I must truly die to myself!

Father give me the strength to wake every morning and die to myself. Help me to not only put others before me, but to honor them above myself! Father, I take credit for nothing. Without you God, I would be lost and hopeless! Thank you for the unconditional love you continue to pour out! Help me to truly be devoted to my team, my family, my community, and others in brotherly love. Continue to constantly humble me day in and out! I love you Father.

-- Your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment