Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 26, 2010

Do Not Deny ME: Endure!



So I went running, and spent some quiet time with God tonight! At first I had my iPod in, but it died. "Great, there goes my motivation, and now I am going to just constantly think of how long I have to run" I said to myself. So I decided I was going to pray instead. I ran to Trinity and prayed the entire time I was running. I just prayed for everything that came to mind: my mission trip, my relationship with Cassie, my relationship with my mom and dad, my community at wesley, my sins, my struggles, my fears, everything. For the first time in a long time I was in constant prayer to God thinking of nothing else but just Him and me. It has been a long time since I have gone running just to run. I ran cross country back in high school, but I haven't really ran since then, unless I was playing ultimate frisbee or some other sport. Needless to say I thought I was going to stop a couple of times along the way, but when I was praying all pain left me. It was not a struggle to run, but a joy. My thoughts were in constant prayer.

As I reached Trinity, I stopped at the labyrinth! I decided since I had prayed the whole way, I was going to walk the labyrinth and listen to God. As I started walking, it slowly started to rain. As I was listening for God, I heard Him speak (not audibly), but by thoughts through my head. As I listened I heard "I love you my son!" Just thought after thought continued to pour into my head. "Do not deny Me!" Okay Lord, what do you mean by that, I don't deny You. Then I heard it: "To deny Me in someone else, is to deny Me! Just as you are My son, they too are my sons and daughters!" I started to think of the people who annoy me, the people who frustrate me, the people who anger me. They are children of God, and to deny that God is in them or to even look at them in a negative light, is denying God! I continued to hear "You are going to struggle, there will be temptation, but I will be there to lift you up!" Then I heard: "You are forgiven. Chase I have forgiven you, I love you, I have restored your purity. Do you feel the rain? I have washed you clean!" Woah!

I then started to run back to my apartment. As I did I just continued to listen to the voice of God through my thoughts! "Do not deny Me!" Okay God, I heard you. "No Chase, do NOT deny Me! Listen to your mother. You are not always right. Honor her, respect her. She can teach you just as you can teach her. Just because she may not understand do not get frustrated! It is not your job to make her understand. I will control that!" Immediately I was humbled. "Do not be discouraged son, you will face hardships. I am here, ENDURE" Then I heard: "In the darkness do not be afraid, I am the light! Light dispels all darkness! There will be hardships and times of darkness, ENDURE!" Yes Father, I will! "I will give you strength, continue to walk this path I have laid for you, ENDURE! Thank you Father, was all I could muster. "Thank you son, for giving Me this time!" I love You Father. "I love you son! ENDURE!"


4 comments:

  1. wow... that was incredible
    I love when God uses times in our lives that we see as so routine to really speak to us

    I love what you said, espeicially the part about denying Christ in others. That's so true. Thank you so so much for sharing that bc that is seriously something I needed to hear.

    Your blogs are such an encouragement. I love seeing your heart and your passion for seeking the Lord through them...I enjoy reading each one of them them very much
    :)

    ps - 3 dayyyysssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I could think about when I read this was that you have come so far in the last 6 months. I am so glad that you have found happiness. :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant agree more with all these comments... Youre a huge encouragement and the growth you have had in the last 6 months is soo pure and soo inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete