Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 12, 2010

Fast



So Sunday I found out a lot of things that were going on with our mission trip. We are going to Cambodia through the VIM. By doing this we have to go by their schedule. We thought that the first 10 days we would be working in a youth camp, and helping minister to kids. Apparently its only going to be our first 5 days that we are working in the youth camp. The next five are filled with things that we need to see (i.e The Killing Fields), but there are also other things that are costing us money that we really don't have to do. It's almost seeming like a vacation rather than a mission trip. The other team that we are going with are leaving after those ten days and not staying the full month with us, so they have no objections to this at all. While yes I am frustrated, I know that God is going to be in whatever we do!

My team leaders, also interns at the Wesley Foundation, are Kevin Singletary and Krystle Matthews! Both of them are great leaders and great children of God! They both have to make very important decisions within the next few days and weeks to come, especially if we decide not to follow the VIM schedule. I ask that you would pray for them as they make those decisions, and I know God will be in and through every decision and action made. The reason this is titled "Fast" is because Krystle, Kevin, and I have started fasting from food and having a strictly liquid diet. This is until we have some answers, or at least we feel a definite peace from God about the situation. I ask that all that read would pray for this! I know the power of prayer!

Father God, I just praise you for today and the days ahead! I pray Father that You would be in every decision made by Kevin and Krystle. I pray Father that you would begin to open our teams heart and prepare us for those we are about to go and minister to! I also pray that You would prepare the hearts of the ones we are ministering to as well. Father Your plan is so much bigger than ours, and for us to even think that we can control this situation is putting you in a box. Father I pray that we would give this all to you! I also pray that you would be in this fast and that it would glorify you. I also pray that as I fast I would listen for your voice and pray constantly. I love you Father! Thank you for all you have done in my life and continue to do each day!

Your Humbled Son...

No comments:

Post a Comment