Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rest




"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest." -- Hebrews 4:9-11

So I didn't post saturday. God really showed me that some days I just need rest, physical, spiritual, and emotional rest! This week is going to be one of the busiest weeks I have had all year. I literally am going from 8-9 in the morning to 10 or later every night. I really think God put this opportunity for rest knowing the week I was going to have ahead of me. While these daily posts are my daily, set aside quiet time with God; I also need actual rest where I relax and just listen for God in that relaxation! I am extremely extraverted, which means I love people, and hanging out with them! It is really hard for me sometimes to take that time out to rest and just spend time alone listening for God. God is slowly teaching me that, and how essential it is in my life. It isn't always separating myself from people, or always hanging out with people, but a balance between the both. That balance is really hard, but one that I am slowly learning. Other than that, its been a short post for tonight. God is great, and He is definitely showing up and moving in every situation of my life right now.

Update on the mission trip. We are now going to Cambodia through the organization know as Asian Hope (). The trip through the VIM was going to cost about 3,900.00 a person (and we haven't been given a specific budget by Asian Hope yet), and now it is going to cost hundreds less through Asian Hope! We will be working for our first 4 days in the Youth Camp in Sihanoukville. After those 4 days of working in the youth camp we will be going to Phnom Penh and staying in the Asian Hope and staying in a hospitality house for the remainder of the trip! This hospitality house has a school (Logos) attached to it. All the profit made from the halfway house we are staying in goes straight back into Asian Hope. This hospitality house is also a place for those kids in Logos to have a job. Asian Hope gives scholarships to the kids of Cambodia to come to Logos. So by staying in the hospitality house, we are paying for kids to come to school, and get a full English education! Also Asian Hope is going to find specific projects for us to do while we are there. As those projects and other news come up I will keep you all updated. Please keep not only our team in your prayers, but also ask God to prepare the hearts of the ones in Cambodia we are going to mission to! I know God is going to do great things in their lives as well as ours. Praise God in everything!

-- Your Humbled Son

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could find my peace enough to get some rest but it seems sleep and relaxation are impossible!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete