Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reaffirmation: Undeservingly Blessed!




Today has been all about reaffirmation! I woke up this morning and my body was exhausted. I actually woke up at 9:30 (when class starts) and I was immediately awake and thinking of God from the time I woke up. Although I was ten minutes late for class I didn't get frustrated. I have noticed lately that I am constantly dwelling on God and how He is moving not only in my life, but the lives of others as well. After class I went and met with my pastor Andy Hurst from 11-12:30. Mr. Andy and I have been meeting just about every other week for the past two years. He has been a huge mentor in my life and God has definitely worked through Him and showed me a lot of things in my life. Mr. Andy is a wonderful man of Christ and I am so glad God has blessed me with him in my life. Mr. Andy and I talked about many things from my devotional that I wrote for Trinity, to my relationship that I am now in, to my Wesley guys small group that I am co-leading every Wednesday. In everything we talked about I was reaffirmed by God through Mr. Andy. Normally when Andy and I talk, there is something specific that I want to talk about, but today we just sat and talked about God! We discussed my mission trip, and my fast and I was reaffirmed in both of those, that God is glorified and no matter what happens with our mission trip God will move!

Afterwards I headed to work, and I brought my Bible to prepare for my guys small group that we have every Wednesday. We were talking about purity this week so I looked up verses on purity. The first verse I looked up was 1 Corinthians 6:12-20! It talked about sexual immorality, and this definitely brought up thoughts of my relationship this past summer (Read my 40 Days of Change Devotional). When I read this verse I immediately started to dwell on the negative, and how unclean I was. I began to look up other verses: Ephesians 5:1-10, Colossians 3:1-10, Isaiah 52:11, 2 Corinthians 6:3-6, and 1 Timothy 4:12. In all of these verses God reaffirmed that I was forgiven, that I was a wonderful Son, that I had died to myself, and that He had restored my purity. I went to small group and even as we discussed these things God continued to reaffirm me. He showed me that this Wesley community is where I am called to be! I am called to truly and intimately get to know my brothers and sisters in Christ! This is knowing their faults, fears, failures, joys, ect... and I am doing that! God is moving through others, and definitely moving through me!

I will leave you with a quote of a dear friend of mine: "God is always there for reaffirmation! All we have to do is ask Him to show up, to work, to reveal, and He is there! We are undeservingly blessed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment