Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

God's Plan vs. My Plan




"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." -- Proverbs 19:21

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11

Many times I want control. I tell myself that I have to have control of the situation, and if I can, I can fix it! False! I have steadily started to figure that out, and it is still something that I will always continue to grasp at. My plan isn't God's plan at all! I am pretty sure I have said this before, but here it is again: "This life isn't ours to live! It is given to us, by God, to do HIS works." Not our works, not our plans, we are not glorified at all! I have to constantly remind myself of this daily. I may have these constant plans for my life, but ultimately the LORD's purpose will prevail!

I have constantly had these plans for my life, plans that are not mine. Ever since I was little I always wanted to be a lawyer just like my dad. Up until my junior year of high school I still believed that, but I was called to youth ministry and missions! It was hard at first to accept that, what does that look like? I look up to and admire my dad, why can't I be a lawyer? "Your plans are not My plans" I heard. Well what about my father, and mother? I don't think they will like this, how do I tell them? "They will understand and support you. Trust Me!" Trust is what I did. My parents have supported my call to ministry since day one!

This one is for my mother and father!

The ones who raised me to LOVE! LOVE with all my heart, without question, no matter what. Thank you for compassion, thank you for constantly being there for me no matter what I was going through. I thank God for blessing me with you as parents. You taught me what a true Godly relationship is! You gave me everything I ever wanted, without spoiling me. Taught me to be humble and not to take anything for granted. I am honored to have you as parents. I thank you for the unconditional LOVE that you have given me. God definitely had a plan in making me, and giving me two wonderful parents! I am abundantly blessed just by being able to call you mom and dad! Thank you God!

1 comment:

  1. This is probably one of the main things that I am in need of a constant reminder about... my life is not MY life, it's HIS. Our life has a plan mapped out by HIM. Our purpose here is based on what HE wants.
    This was so great to read, Chase. Thanks again for sharing your heart and letting God speak through you!

    ps - see you TOMORROW!!! HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete