Listen to Chase Fallins Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Family




I miss my family. Plain and simple. My mom told me two nights ago that she felt like I was pulling away from the family. Wow that hurts. Why? What am I doing? Why are you you saying this? These are the questions I asked her. My brother and I had a great conversation the other day, and I see him growing so much! I see his hunger for a greater relationship with Christ and I am overjoyed by it. I have lived with my brother for almost two years now. My entire life he has been a role model for me, and was there for me through everything. These past two years I have seen him grow so much! My sister and I have become so close over the past couple of years as well, especially this year! My parents raised us to cherish each other, and although we have our petty fights, family is so important to each and every one of us. To hear my mom say that she feels like I am pulling away breaks my heart. I have been extremely busy lately. I'm getting ready for a 30 day mission trip, school, involving myself in my Wesley community like God has called me to. I am just hurt, have I been neglecting my family? Now that I sit and think about it, I haven't really spent a lot of quality time with my family like I should have. I know that my relationship with God comes first and foremost, but my family comes second to that. I have been so blessed to have a parents that love and care for me no matter what I have done. I have been blessed with literally everything I have ever wanted, but taught at the same time not to be spoiled or take it for granted. My parents relationship is definitely something to aspire to! I have constantly seen them show each other love throughout my life, and they have constantly been there and supportive for all three of us! I guess in typing this I have no other reason, but to remind myself of how much God has blessed me with my family! My parents raised us to be respectful, kind, gracious, loving, forgiving, a gentleman. They have also been role models in their relationship with Christ! I am wonderfully blessed with my family. I will never pull away from them, and even though I may be extremely busy, I will never walk out on them. I couldn't. Family, if you are reading this, know that I love, value, and cherish every single one of you! I will always be here for you no matter what. Thank you for your example in my life, all of you! I thank God for you every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment